z[1]
{}+ =====
5t
shy
=-
Yes, that [1] is a footnote (it looked more footnote-y in Word). Emily is all about experimenting with form and visuality in poetry. (And attacking things. And chasing her adopted sister. And licking. And looking at me like she's an idiot.) And yes, she really did step on the letters s, h, and y in that order just like that. I think she meant for z to be the title, but I'm not sure. Generally, I just title them with dates for her. Here was the one she wrote on Valentine's Day, after I asked her some questions about love:
p-0mńj
Either she's still miffed about the spay, or she's saying love isn't quite as complicated as we make it out to be. But either way, I'm pretty sure she loves me back. At least when I'm not yelling at her to get off the lizard's cage.
No comments:
Post a Comment