For the American Environmental Writing class, we are required to keep up a blog, so you will be seeing frequent posts on the readings I'll be doing in that class. I will include sources for the readings I'm talking about so that if you are interested you can go look them up yourselves. I do not plan to make my posts terribly complicated and so based on the texts that you won't be able to follow without having read them, but at least I'm warning you there is the possibility of confusion. The majority of what you will be reading from me for the next few months will most likely be related to this class, but I will try to throw in a few posts from the Ireland times as well. Perhaps by the two year anniversary mark, I will have told you everything I can!
Thursday, September 2, 2010
ENG 347_10 American Environmental Writing
It has been over a year now since I left for Ireland and it is time to face the final year of my college experience. It is a terrifying thought, but for now I'm pretty excited about the line-up for this fall semester. In order of appearance in the week: Creative Process (this class is going to help me figure out what I'm doing for a studio art thesis), American Environmental Writing, Latin, Early Islamic Civilization, Foundations of Western Lit. I (the Bible), Writing Center (where we learn how to be writing tutors), and Relief/Intaglio (printmaking). I fully expect my humanities classes to inform my artwork this year and I will hopefully be sharing some of that with you as the semester progresses. As the book of poetry Mike is helping me with in the Print Shop, I will hopefully put some notes on that process here as well. I'm currently working on getting funding and on carving the linoleum blocks for illustrations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment